Friday, June 4, 2010

Veggie Roadkill

Q: Why did the cucumber cross the road?
A:  Because he was in a real pickle.

Riding home across the Longfellow, I saw a cucumber in the bike lane- one of those fancy schmancy English cucumbers that have a little plastic jacket.  Hmm, I thought, someone overstuffed their pannier at Haymarket.

It was only when I saw the 2nd cucumber two hundred yards along that I realized I had to stop and take a picture.  One of the odder things I've seen lying in a bike lane.....

3 comments:

  1. Someone leaving a more expensive Hansel-and-Gretel-type pathway?? :-) The second cucumber-- I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 cucumbers in the bike lane, I love it. I felt lucky and tickled today when I spied and picked up a dollar bill in the road riding along in a sharrow on my way from work to happy hour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wonder if mr. pickles overstuffed his pickle truck (sorry for those who don't get the children's book author reference).

    ReplyDelete