Saturday, February 25, 2012

In his work clothes

Regular readers will know that I'm all about riding to work in your work clothes, and having a bike that allows you to do that.  For me, that means that I rely on lots of bright lights and the occasional reflective accessory instead of head to toe fluorescent/reflective stuff.

I've been away all week, testing to see how well my bike-conditioned legs deal with downhill skiing (the answer is quite well).  Driving down from the mountain into Denver yesterday, I spied this guy who was riding in HIS work clothes:
I'm pretty sure he's a construction flagger

What I couldn't get a picture of was that he had a bright orange "Stop" sign, with a 3' handle lashed to his top tube, parallel to the rear wheel.   He was riding home in his day-glo suit, still wearing his construction hard hat, cigarette in one hand.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, great minds must think alike!

    We had an awesome time out there (Breck, Keystone, Vail, Beaver Creek). Hope you did as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I demo'd some agreesive skies even though I am not a particularily aggressive skier and they worked really well for me mainly b/c I have serious thigh muscles that bear down weight to keep my speed in control. Sadly said skies were heavy as all hell and felt like they were going to pull my feet off on the lift. But it's nice to have bike legs work for ski legs! ( Atomic Cloud somethings not cloud 9- those were less heavy)

    ReplyDelete