Sunday, February 12, 2012

New bike clothes

It's always fun to have a new outfit for biking in!

I'm not enough of a follower of fashion to be interested in most of the "High-Low" collaborations that are all the rage-certainly not enough to get up early and deal with hysterical crowds.  I shop for clothes based more on what works for me than on a label or what is "in."   But when I saw the proposed Jason Wu for Target designs, I loved the narrow waists and flared skirts, and that's how I found myself at the Watertown Mall on Superbowl Sunday at 7AM.  I was third in line when the doors opened, and managed to get all of the things I was really interested in.  Unfortunately we've had a bout of seasonal (AKA cold) weather, which makes it hard to wear spring dresses,but with a pair of opaque tights and a cardigan, I think I can make this work.
It has a print of small spoked wheels-  they're not exactly bike wheels, but they're close enough:

I've also been wearing my first pair of B.Ella Woolisimo tights, that I ordered from Sock Dreams.  Like the Smartwool tights from last year, they're pretty sweater-like and not super dressy, but they're warm, not itchy and so far seem durable- I've only worn them a couple of times and washed them once.   Unlike the Smartwool tights they don't have a "shaped foot."  I might add a little red embroidery to mark the sole so that they're a bit easier to put on without getting twisted all around.    But so far so good, and I may order a pair in brown as well.

3 comments:

  1. so cute! i also tried this dress on and it was much too long for me. i was also coveting the navy blue one with the same wheel designs, but they were snapped up pretty quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should keep checking online- they're bringing a lot more stuff back in stock over time.

      Delete
  2. Nice look. Dress is very cute. It looks wonderful with that red coat.

    ReplyDelete