Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A Study in Pink*

I couldn't help noticing that this bike parked in a Somerville front yard exactly matched the azalea behind it.
I was tempted to go into the front yard to take photos without the chainlink fence in the way, but thought that might be a bit too bike obsessive and weird :)

I like the contrast of the black rims, spokes and fenders.

A perfect match with the shocking pink of azaleas, and an object lesson on how not to lock a bike you want to keep.

* and if you haven't watched Season 1 of Sherlock, you need to hurry and get caught up- season 2 is coming the first week of May.  I'm not a big TV person, but I thought it was a great fresh take on the somewhat crusty old story.  Benedict Cumberbach is fantastic, but he makes me very glad not to be named Benedict OR Cumberbach.

4 comments:

  1. "I before e," except when "weird," among other exceptions...

    PINK amongst them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherlock is amazing! Season two is better than season one =) The only problem is the season is so darned short!!! Love the pink tires, might have to find some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice observation.....Could become the trend - matching the colour of your garden plants with that of your bike!!

    -Trevor

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the Sherlock series! I was skeptical, b/c I've been a big fan of the Granada Sherlock w/ Jeremy Brett. But Benedict Cumberbatch has got the character nailed! I'm all caught up and waiting impatiently for series 3. :)

    ReplyDelete