Thursday, July 8, 2010

ride in haste, repent in leisure

I was running late this morning even before my next door neighbor wanted to stop and chat.

I also had a giant bag of stinky compost, so I had to go through the city, instead of along the river to drop it at Whole Foods' compost collection.   I put it in a plastic bag instead of my normal TJ's bag,  which turned out to be a mistake, because it peed nasty compost juice all over Gilbert's chaincase.  I pulled him over to the hosebib they use to water the outside plants and sluiced him down a bit, but he needs a real cleaning this weekend.

 In a rush,  I rode at normal, or maybe slightly faster than normal speed,  and arrived at work drenched with sweat.  I spent some quality time in the bathroom with my bottle of purell,  and while I don't think I was actually offensive,  I felt disheveled and uncomfortable in my sweaty clothes all day.    As soon as I got home, I took a shower, which helped a lot.

Just a reminder to myself, of the importance of taking it slow in the heat.

4 comments:

  1. Henceforth you shall be known as "Stinky"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, I have a coworker who loves that saying (with act, of course.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess this is my comeuppance for being so happy to arrive cool and collected on Tuesday- I hope that people don't start calling me Stinky!
    I had my pod to myself today, so hopefully my lapse will be under the radar..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel you there - I have to go super slow to keep my face from turning beet red in the heat.

    ReplyDelete