Thursday, November 19, 2009

grunge day

So Tuesdays are my grungy day because I'm at a jobsite and need to be able to climb ladders,  get down on the floor, potentially brush up against dusty/ recently painted stuff.
This week though as I dropped off my zipcar and picked up my lunch at home, I decided to change into dress clothes.  There was a big meeting at my office and I decided I'd rather look like a  professional than someone from building maintenance.
This is what I came up with.  I haven't worn this skirt much and it was a bit odd for biking- really flared, but stretchy.


I guess that the reflective band works well seeing how it reflects my flash!  I like this reflective sash because it's not as dorky and distracting as one of those big reflective vests.  The Scientist refuses to be seen with me if I'm wearing one of those in public.  And the sash is a lot easier to take off and stuff in a pocket to go incognito.

5 comments:

  1. Cute outfit. That sash is super bright; maybe I should get something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks- the sash is a lot of bang for the buck. I had a hard time finding it- I found it in a running specialty shop- all the bike shops just sold leg bands and full on nerd vests. (sorry that's rude, but....)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally, I think there is nothing wrong with reflective wear. I am considering getting a bunch of reflective ribbon and trimming the collars, hems and cuffs of my coats with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course there's nothing wrong with reflective wear, it's just that to me chic- cycling is integrating reflective touches without having to wear specialized things that you wouldn't wear off the bike or that look like specialized equipment.
    I think that reflective ribbon as trim on hems and cuffs is a nice way of integrating reflective material into a normal outfit.

    Anyone in Boston interested in buying a roll of that stuff together and dividing it? There are lots of people who sell it on the internet, but the shipping and the per foot fees are pretty high!

    ReplyDelete
  5. C-
    I'm not going to use all the tape I have any time soon if you want some...

    ReplyDelete